Sunday, May 1, 2011

An Epic Meal And Andy's Tinto de Primavera

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, 
it would be a merrier world" 
~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Epicurus

Epicurean

Epicure

~ Epic ~


April's Sunday Supper
"Seder Re-Mixed"


Aperitif
"Tinto de Primavera"
with Salt and Lemon Foam


Matzo Ball Soup
Spinach, saffron broth
~
Rock Art Brewery Barn Raising Brown Ale (American Brown Ale)



Seder Plate Bento Box
Beet soup shooter, garlic mushrooms, apricot charoset,
horseradish deviled egg
~
Vermont Pub & Brewery Burly Irish (Irish Red Ale)



Intermezzo
Farnum Hill Farmhouse Cider (Sparking Cider)


Chicken Tagine
Spring vegetables, smoked paprika, local herbs
~
Rock Art Brewery Vermonster (American Barleywine)


Fourth Course
Aunt Carolyn's flourless chocolate cake
Caramel meringue cookies
~
Upside-down coffee shooter





Andy's Tinto de Primavera with Salt and Lemon Foam
Base
3 part Kosher Cabernet Sauvignon
1 part soda water
1 part lemon-lime soda
(pin of citric acid)

Foam
4 medium lemons, juiced
1.25 cups water
2 tsp sea salt
1 spt soy lecithin

Method
Combine the base over ice cubes in a rocks glass, then blitz the foam mixture with an immersion blender.  Spoon the resulting foam over the base.

 ~ Epic ~

16 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the coffee shooter and the close-up of the cake and meringue cookie! Having a mini vaca must have served you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Andy's Tinto de Primavera" is looking pretty delish to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh! What a feast! I'm drooling over the chocolate cake and meringue...such an elegant presentation :)

    Hope you're having a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks amazing, but the color on that cider is out of this world. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So impressive...you could not get this line-up of fabulous and elegant course of beautiful meal.
    Love the flourless chocolate cake with the meringue-
    Everything is so delicious...what a feast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. El trago primavera se ve exquisito,un tinto refrescante,especial paea estar con la familia, cariños .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow very amazing meal with the printed menu! Hi Lin Ann! Thank you for visiting my site. Now I'm here and I am happily following you via facebook/twitter. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes - epic is the only word I can think of! Holy smokes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back again to let you know that I have an award waiting for you to pick up. You well deserve it.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! My invite must have been blown away in the tornado:)
    It's good to be back online to see what's going on with my blog-buddies.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything sure sounds Epic to me!!! It all looks pretty darn epic too!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Lin Ann...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Tolkien quote. So very true. Now I want to make me a Tinto de Primavera!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Thanks so much everyone!!! And thank you so much for the award, Elisabeth - I stopped by to say how much I'm grateful and can't wait to talk about it in a post soon. Really glad you're back and okay, Rick. Thanks Nami, as you know by now, I'm following you too. All - I've been so busy this week but will posting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is Epic for sure .. :)

    ReplyDelete