Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crisp Cauliflower, Pear and Radicchio Salad With Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette

Well, I didn't hold a hosting party for TEDx Manhattan's live webcast yesterday of "Changing the Way We Eat", but I had a lot of fun playing with my food while watching it.  


The Salad
There was really nothing to making this salad except tearing up a few radicchio leaves, breaking up a few cauliflower florets, slicing an Anjou pear and topping it with delicious Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette.

My palette of gorgeous colors:

Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette
1 small shallot
1 tbs grated fresh ginger
2 tbs tahini
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup organic brown rice vinegar
1/4 cup organic canola oil
1 tbs freshly squeezed orange or lime juice (I used orange)
2 tbs toasted hulled sesame seeds (I omitted for this recipe)

Place all ingredients except sesame seeds in bowl and emulsify with handheld blender (I made it in a small food processor).  Stir in sesame seeds.  Makes about 1 cup.  Recipe from Clean Food cookbook.

The Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette, oh so fresh.


Here's just a picture that looks so fresh and pretty.


Makes a nutritious snack.  Cauliflower is not only an anti-inflammatory food, but is loaded with antioxidants and is a very good source of omega-3 fatty acids.


Squeeze a little lemon over the pears to keep them fresh looking if packaging leftovers for later.



17 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds and look awesome, so healthy and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is the sort of salad recipe that may even get my kids to eat radicchio. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't kidding! that is gorgeous and I love the addition of ginger; it's one of my all time favorite spices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The looks fabulous. A nice healthy salad that is easy to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dressing looks soooo good. I am writing it down in my "binder bustin with recipes" right now! Your salad looks beautiful--a feast for the eyes as well as the tummy.
    Can't wait to go through your blog!!
    Peace & Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dressing is very interesting :) would taste great wih various salads :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been going through my comments and feel so bad that I haven't responded. I've been reading so many nice comments and I know how much time it takes to leave a comment. Thank you all for loving this recipe. I felt like an artist when I made it! The combination was so nice. The dressing is terrific and memorable. I think about the flavor often and it's so easy to whip up when I'm craving it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.happyrepublicdayimage.com/2016/12/happy-republic-day-2017-quotes-messages-wishes-Sms.html
    http://www.happyrepublicdayimage.com/
    http://www.happyrepublicdayimage.com/2016/12/happy-republic-day-2017-images.html
    http://www.happyrepublicdayimage.com/2016/12/happy-republic-day-2017-images-pics.html
    http://www.happyrepublicdayimage.com/2016/12/republic-day-2017-Images-walls.html
    http://www.happyrepublicdayimage.com/2016/12/happy-republic-day-2017-images-photos-Wallpapers.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! That's amazing.For such Amazing Best WhatsApp Status just visit Best WhatsApp Status

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visit us now to view & share beautiful collection of Best Images of
    happy chocolate day 2017

    ReplyDelete
  11. This salad recipe looks amazing.
    kiwibox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fancy designer wear our website and reasonable price More…
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Indian Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exclusive Collection of Salwar Suit and Many More…
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Designer Sarees

    ReplyDelete
  14. We offers first and exclusive access to the world's most fascinating homes. from royal estates to artist's lofts and everything between - we dedicated to bringing its readers the best in style and design.
    Architecture and Design

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fancy designer wear our website and reasonable price More…
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Designer Sarees

    ReplyDelete