Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crustless Spinach Quiche with Rosemary Olives

Spinach quiche, farmers' market bread toasted and
drizzled with lemon olive oil


Crustless Spinach Quiche
6 medium eggs
2 cups 2% milk, I used Lactaid (or whole milk)
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 7 oz package organic baby spinach
1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese (look for lowest sodium, locally, Narragansett Creamery is the lowest I can find at 180mg/oz)
About 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Pepper to taste (salt comes from the cheeses)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Saute onion in about 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium pan for a few minutes until translucent; add to egg mixture. Rinse spinach in a colander but don't dry. In same pan, place wet spinach and steam down over medium heat until tender (takes less than a minute), place in colander to drain then squeeze in your hands to remove liquid, getting it as dry as possible or the quiche will be soggy; dice and place in same bowl. Add cheeses, parsley, pepper to taste. Coat a 9 or 10 inch quiche dish (or other heat-proof glass or ceramic dish, mine was 10 inches) with butter or oil. Pour quiche mixture into dish, place dish on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, until middle is cooked (press center for firmness or test with fork - it should come out clean).

Spinach quiche, farmers' market bread toasted and
drizzled with lemon olive oil


~ * ~

Local lemon oil we purchased at
Taste of Rhode Island in Newport
Olive bar assorted olives, farmers' market cherry tomatoes,
minced fresh rosemary, lemon olive oil
~ * ~
A Special Bread Board
This bread board set is special not just because it's recycled but because my daughter's music teacher made it. We bought the set at a fundraiser Saturday night for my daughter's school. Her music teacher makes various beautiful household items out of old wood from their school which are always popular auction items. 


22 comments:

  1. Awwww that sweet little thing must have been so scared! Bunny stories always catch my attention because I have a bunny of my own, he is my little man. You are so caring to take care of that poor little thing, I am so glad that it was a happy ending.

    Your crustless quiche looks really amazing. I am a big fan of crustless quiches so this is just right up my alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eggs for dinner... this quiche looks great. Also, I love the shots of the bunny. I live in a city, but for some reason there are bunnies everywhere! It's a new thing for me... they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bunny story, beautiful looking food and I LOVE that cutting board.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Eliazabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little bunny looks so cute ... I never know whether to be upset about their eating up my vegetables - your quiche looks lovely too - I love spinach quiche. Your ingredients are very similar to the ones I use but I will try that touch of feta too next time I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, glad the bunny story had a happy ending. And love seeing a photo of your sweet children :)

    The quiche looks wonderful! Spinach and cheese is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS...I almost forgot to mention that gorgeous cutting board. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quiche looks delicious!! I love two different kinds of cheese in it. Both of them are my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quiche looks wonderful and so does the olive assortment. I love the cutting board! The bunny is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome idea to make crustless... and perfect for my diet much healthier... I know we will love it thanks for sharing and your pictures are awesome! That bunny made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos and amazing looking quiche..nicely done! Have a wonderful day, and I think that I forgot to wish you happy mother's day..:))) sorry!
    Have a beautiful day dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lin Ann! Your quiche dinner is very beautiful although all of you were very busy with the little bunny. :-) I had fun reading cute stories. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your family and pet post.and the dinner is promising!...feels so good to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely quiche and such a great bunny story...precious~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a heart warming story Lin Ann. The kids must have stayed awake all night worrying about that little bunny:) We just found a nest under our new shed. They are like little fur balls. I'm not planing veggies this year but I sure am thinking about planting a few heads of lettuce just for the bunnies:)

    GREAT rebound with that Quiche. It sounds wonderful. I'm totally drawn to that Lemon oil. Curious I suppose. LOVE the cutting board. I just bought something sililar from a local artisan. I'm not sure I will be able to bring myself to actually use it though.

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing cuter than a baby bunny. Dinner looks delish...love your cutting board.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lin Ann-I loved reading about the bunny story. Glad it had a happy ending. Your children are so sweet, and caring like their mom!
    The spinach crustles quiche is incredible, with the nice olive bread and the combination of the olives and tomatoes. Yumm!
    Great bread board. I had a few nice ones myself, but somehow, we always ended up using one of the regular cutting boards for bread...as if not wanting to mess up the nice bread board...lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, what a sweet bunny story. It's good the setting was in your yard, where all creatures are treated with love and care! ;)
    Good food, too!

    ReplyDelete