Friday, February 4, 2011

Rustic Roasted Garnet Yam with Steak Tips and Mushrooms

I don't have much to say about this meal except that it was delicious and it represents the goodness of whole foods. In this cast of ingredients, the gorgeous garnet yam was the star, and the ensemble, brilliant!  


This meal started with these rustic, nutritious, organic garnet yams.


I roasted them whole in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour. They smelled fantastic!

While they roasted, I sauteed these beautiful baby bella mushrooms with butter, olive oil and Herbes de Provence.



I seasoned steak tips lightly with salt and pepper and sauteed them in a hot pan with olive oil and a little butter until medium rare/medium. 



And, in the end, I was very happy with this tasty rustic meal.




9 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simplest meals look the very best ... like this one. Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took a long time to "learn" how to eat alone. Perhaps, I was eating the wrong types of meals. Your's looks delicious!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Lin Ann...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much. You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Lin Ann
    now that is one beautiful plate! those yams are spectacular, and roasting them really brings out the flavors!! Your steak is such a perfect compliment to the flavors of the yam......I love the different textures too!
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dennis! I thought that yam looked just too good in it's natural state to change it into something unnatural looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting fresh yams from the farmer's market in the summer, combined with steak (my fav!) it looks like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a simple, but beautiful and healthful dish. Those yams look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you both! Simple can be such a treat. My kids don't love it, but seem to like it best when it's roasted like this.

    ReplyDelete